- first and last name;
- home or other physical address, including street name and name of city or town and/or province or territory;
- email address or other online information, such as a username and password;
- telephone number;
- government-issued identification or other number;
- financial or payment card account number;
- date of birth; or
- health information, including information regarding the individual’s medical history or mental or physical condition, or medical treatment or diagnosis by a health care professional/created or received by Grasshopper; and any information that is combined with any of (a) through (h) above.
What is the basis for processing this information?
Grasshopper will identify the purposes for which your Personal Information is collected at or before the time the information is collected. Grasshopper has collected and collects Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with individuals and to provide ongoing service;
- to understand individual needs;
- to develop, enhance, market or provide services;
- to manage and develop its business and operations; and
- to meet legal or regulatory requirements, including to protect or defend a legal interest.
Disclosure of your information
Grasshopper may disclose your Personal Information to:
- service providers, including an organization or individual retained by Grasshopper to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, data processing, document management and office services;
- an organization or individual retained by Grasshopper to evaluate your creditworthiness or to collect debts outstanding on an account;
- a financial institution, on a confidential basis and solely in connection with the assignment of a sign to receive payment, the provision of security or other financing arrangements;
- a government or regulatory agency, body, institution or office, where such disclosure is permitted or required in order for Grasshopper to comply with legal, statutory or regulatory requirements or provisions;
- a person who, in the reasonable judgement of Grasshopper, is providing/seeking the information as your agent;
- those employees who require Personal Information access to meet Grasshopper’s obligations;
- any third parties, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
How is your information kept secure?
Grasshopper will at all times implement appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to safeguard Personal Information against unauthorized or unlawful processing, access, copying, modification, storage, reproduction, display or distribution, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. Grasshopper will promptly notify you if any Personal Information is lost or destroyed or becomes damaged, corrupted or unusable.
How long is your information retained for?
Chris Jodhan, General Counsel & Corporate Development
5935 Airport Road – Suite 210, Mississauga ON L4V 1W5
Office: 1.416.477.0726 x 118